Friday, June 24, 2011

Training: Hooli's June 19 Week


Hi, this is Hooli. I'm the oldest kid and the only sister (thank goodness for sisters-in-law). I'm a mom of two rowdy boys so my training schedule has had to fit around raising them. More accurately, I run when I'm not running them. Here's what I did this week:

Sunday: 6 miles, gravel road, rolling hills, beat my first 3-mile pace with my second 3-mile pace. (I'll try to post pictures of this run later on because it is truly amazing views.) I was trying out some new music and am pleased with the new playlist.

Monday: 60 minutes of intense cardio/weightlifting at the gym.

Tuesday: 5 miles, on the treadmill while I wait for my oldest to get done with karate. Kept treadmill at a slight incline and maintained a 9 minute mile pace or better.

Wednesday: 60 minutes spin class and 9 holes of golf.

Thursday: 9 holes of golf (walked the course). I should have run 4 miles but my kids had stomach aches.

Friday: 60 minutes of Boot Camp including steep hill sprints and 9 holes of golf. (This was at 5:30 in the morning, which is ungodly.)

Saturday: REST. By rest I mean that I'll be hauling over 100 pounds of chairs, tents, sleeping bags, and swim gear to a swim meet, and standing for about 8 hours as a volunteer timer.

Hope your week's training was GREAT. What did you do?

1 comment: